Farmer Don's Favorites Collections:
Perhaps you are not quite sure where to start? I can sympathize that pouring over the hundreds of varieties of seeds available can be quite dizzying, In which case maybe you may be interested in Farmer Don's favorite collection of garden standby's. These include:
2 Options for different sized gardens
This collection of 16 sublime packets can plant a nice 10' x 10' space or a couple of raised beds. As a package this is 16 packets that is a window into what makes a wonderfully unique garden of beautiful and delectable delights.
• Lemon cucumbers - never bitter, the perfect fresh garden snack, that is tremendously productive over a long season.
• Black cherry tomatoes - some may be sweeter, but none, in my experience match the full bodied flavor of these gems!!!
• Costata Romenesco zucchini - hands down, the best tasting zuchinni available on Earth.
• Caribe Cilantro - a year round standby to spruce up any dish. Plant continuously to have a fresh supply as plants will bolt in the heat.
• Tuxana Sweet Corn - garden fresh delicacy that can't be beat - share with friends and family
• Popeye Spinach - bred for bolt resistance - Spanakopita - say no more
• Alive Vates Kale - on farm breeding at it's best to create a work horse. Kale Chips, Kale salads with Balsamic vinegar and so much more.
• Sputnik Arugula - super quick growing greens provide a delicious source of fresh and tasty greens - makes amazing pesto too!
• Crispmint Romaine Lettuce - lettuce wraps, salads and more. Heat tolerant!
• Genovese Basil - my favorite pesto variety. Mild sweet flavor. Keep harvesting it to keep it from flowering and provide you with aromatic lovliness!
• Purple Dragon Carrot - delicious and nutritious! - and purple...
• 3 Root Grex Beets - everything you might want from Beets in one package
• Plum Purple Radishes - They grow so quickly and provide you with fresh food so easily they are perfect for filling in production gaps in your garden calendar
• Siskiyou Sweet Onion - a well adapted sweet onion with 20 years of organic, on-farm selection to produce a versitile work horse standby.
• Sugar Ann Snap Peas - Super easy to grow bush variety does not require trellising. need we say more?
• Purple Dove Snap Bush Beans - so productive and gorgeous
Large Garden - Seeds Enough for a 20' x 20' garden. Includes all of the above plus:
• Galina Melon - on farm breeding to create something new and delicious - a green fleshed tropical flavored delight.
• Mesclun Mix - Keep planting this delicious mix of mustards, cress, kale, orach and more for tender salads all season.
• Italian Pole Beans - Old timers believe pole beans taste better than bush varieties. Find out for yourself if the extra effort to trellis them is worth it...
• Tiger Teddy Sunflower - forget trellising those beans and just grow them up these lovely and diverse multi hued beauties.
• Winter Luxury Pumpkins - the jury is in and agrees that these small netted fruits make the best pie pumpkins
• Solstice Broccoli - plant this great open pollinated work horse for both spring and fall crops
• Prismatic Chard - as beautiful to behold as it is to use in the kitchen.
• Cherokee Purple Tomato - our favorite heirloom on account of it's incredible flavor and unique color scheme
• Diversity Mix Lettuce mix - direct seed for continuous salad crops.
• Hooker's Sweet Corn - a very early maturing variety that will ripen earlier than the Tuxana helping to ensure sweet corn over a longer season.
• Maruba Santoh Chinese Cabbage - grows rapidly to a large size creating abundant leaves for stir frys and works perfect for pickling into delicious fermets
FDC1: Special Collection Price:
SMALL: 16 packets for $48 (a savings of $8)
LARGE: 27 packet for $80 ( a savings of $15)
* Check out our Basic Seed Saving Book if you want a little help getting into saving your own garden seeds: