Seed CSA, Large
We have 4 membership tiers for urban/container gardens all the way up to a homestead scale. For the Large Seed CSA we send you 5 shipments of seed with growing instructions to help you to plant the right seeds at the right time for abundant food, beauty and medicine.
Here is a unique opportunity to be part of a community of seed stewards through enrolling in a membership with our Community Supported Agriculture program for this year. We will also include perks such as special varieties that we don't offer normally through our website, including unreleased breeding projects and rare seed that we have in limited quantities.
For those of you unfamiliar with the CSA model, it was developed as a way for people to get more involved with the source of sustenance - our farms and farmers through supporting them directly. Here is how it works: you sign up early in the season, helping the farmer with dearly needed early season cash-flow and a known customer base. In exchange you receive more than fair market value in produce (the typical model) for your investment.
The work of developing regionally adapted vegetable varieties is not easy work - it can take years of growing and select with careful observation. However, this is crucial work that helps our food crops to evolve to thrive in organic garden conditions. We are passionate about this work and honestly feel that it is one of the most relevant responses to climate change that we can be doing in this time. We are reaching out to our valued community of seed customers to help support us in doing this.
Why else might you be interested in joining?
* The varieties that we send will include our favorite tried and try garden standbys that we think you would want to be planting during that particular window of time. Varieties that we think you will be successful and happy with.
* It will help you to stay on top of planting rotations for crops like peas, beans, lettuce, cilantro that you would probably want to have a continuous supply of.
* Chances are you will be more successful with getting your winter garden seeded early enough to be successful because we will send you the seeds in time to get fall roots, cabbages, garlic, favas, and so forth, started.
* Planting guides and growing tips will be included and links to YouTube videos that we hope you will find helpful.
* Be apart of a forward thinking community that is building strength through associations.
WHAT SIZE SHOULD I GET?
* URBAN is for gardens (window boxes / patio boxes) under 200 square feet
* SMALL is designed for Gardens under 500 sq. feet,
* LARGE is for gardens 500-2000 square feet
* HOMESTEAD is for gardens 2000 - 10000 square feet
First installment of seed ships out after February 1st
Due to free shipping, no International orders available. Sorry!
Large Garden CSA: $190 for 55 packets + garlic (in fall) in 5 shipments (save 25%) = CSA2
* shipping is included in the price (along with growing guides)
* Check out our Basic Seed Saving Book if you want a little help getting into saving your own garden seeds: