All Seed CSA options open for enrollment November 01, 2023- January 31, 2024
We have 4 membership tiers for Seed CSA's from flower gardens to small gardens all the way up to a homestead scale. In the Small Seed CSA we send you 4 shipments of seeds with some growing instructions to help you to be planting the right seeds at the right time for abundance.
A unique opportunity to be part of a community of seed stewards through enrolling in a membership with our Community Supported Agriculture program for this year. Beginning in February, you will receive 4 shipments of seasonally appropriate, open pollinated, organic seeds. We will also include perks such as special varieties that we don't offer normally through our website, including unreleased breeding projects and rare seed that we have in limited quantities.
For those of you unfamiliar with the CSA model, it was developed as a way for people to get more involved with the source of sustenance - our farms and farmers through supporting them directly. Here is how it works: you sign up early in the season, helping the farmer with dearly needed early season cash-flow and a known customer base. In exchange you receive more than fair market value in produce (the typical model) for your investment.
Why else might you be interested in joining?
* The varieties that we send will include our favorite tried and true garden standbys that we think you would want to be planting during that particular window of time. Varieties that we think you will be successful and happy with.
* It will help you to stay on top of planting rotations for crops like peas, beans, lettuce, cilantro that you would probably want to have a continuous supply of.
* Chances are you will be more successful with getting your winter garden seeded early enough to be successful because we will send you the seeds in time to get fall roots, cabbages, garlic, favas, and so forth, started.
* Planting guides and growing tips will be included.
* Be a part of a forward thinking community that is building strength through associations.
* You will receive seed varieties that are otherwise not for sale on our website that are breeding projects that are in progress and not quite released. You can imagine this as a members only exclusive opportunity.
First installment of seed ships out after February 10th
Due to free shipping, no International orders available. Sorry!
WHAT SIZE OR TYPE SHOULD I GET?
* SMALL is designed for Gardens under 500 sq. feet,
* LARGE is for gardens 500-2000 square feet
* HOMESTEAD is for gardens 2000 - 10000 square feet
* FLOWER csa can be purchased separately or added for beautiful cut flowers and promotion of pollinator species.
Small Garden CSA: $170.00 for 40 packets total over 4 shipments (a 15% discount plus free shipping!)
* shipping is included in the price (along with growing tips)
* The work of developing regionally adapted vegetable varieties is not easy work - it can take years of growing and selecting with careful observation. However, this is crucial work that helps our food crops to evolve to thrive in organic garden conditions. We are passionate about this work and honestly feel that it is one of the most relevant responses to climate change that we can be doing in this time. We are reaching out to our valued community of seed customers to help support us in doing this.
* Please note you will not receive a list of varieties in advance, but we include all the garden essentials! Here is an example of what has been included in the Small CSA in years past:
February (1st Installment)
Broccoli, Cabbage Red Express, Cabbage Nozaki Early, Calendula Princess Mix, Carrots Scarlet Nantes, Carrots Red Core Chantenay, Chard Rainbow, Kale Alive Vates, Leek Ester cook, Lettuce Devil's Ears, Onion Ailsa craig, Peas Sugar Ann, Arugula Beets, Cilantro Santo, Lettuce diversity mix, Mesclun Mix, Radish Pink beauty
March (2nd Installment)
Basil Bolloso Basil, Beans Flagrano Fillet, Cucumber Lemon, Pepper Shishito, Parsley Flat Leaf, Tomato Amish Paste, Tomato Champagne Bubbles, Tomato Cherokee Purple, Zucchini Dark Star
April (3rd Installment)
Beans Kentucky Wonder, Corn Tuxana, Cucumber Richmond green, Squash Sundream, Sunflower, Watermelon blacktail mtn
May (4th Installment)
Dill, Basil Genovese, Bean Tuscan Pole, Beets Chioggia, Cilantro Sunmaster, Squash Blue Hubbard