Pickle Garden Collection:
For Lovers of Fermented Food - We bring you this collection of 6 vegetables that lend themselves well to making sauerkraut, kim chee, pickles and other lacto-fermented delights. Includes the following packets:
• Miyashige Daikon Radish - a traditional ingredient in Korean Kim Chee, but a versitile root anyway you slice it.
• Nozaki Early Chinese Cabbage - An upright heading "Napa" style cabbage lends itself well to fermenting
• Little Leaf H-19 Cucumber - a perfect pickler, pick small and young for the best crisp
• Watanabe Burdock - another essential ingredient for Kim Chee and a wonderful addition to any creative Kraut
• Red Express Red Cabbage - Who doesn't love colorful food? Cabbage can be fermented plain or added to other recipes.
• Detroit Dark Red Beet - Grated into various ferments or pickled on their own - beets are the king of color!
If you are new to making your own lacto-fermented recipes you may want to consider checking out Sandor Katz's excellent book the the subject, Wild Ferment